Register now for our Trivia Night!
Please visit https://orgsync.com/68139/forms/249952
Saturday, April 22nd | 6-9pm
Hasselmann Alumni House | 1100 N. Pine St. Rolla, MO
Pre-registrations and payments due no later than April 18th. Teams of up to 8 people is $100 a team pre-registered. Teams that do not pre-register can participate for $120 at the door.
- Cash bar (beer & wine) and food for purchase
- Silent auction, including 2 Cardinal's Tickets, 4 Royals Tickets, and various items and gift certificates from businesses such as Slice of Pie, Kohls, Suncliff Gardens, Sirloin Stockade etc.
- Mini games and contests in between rounds
- table decorating contest for bonus points!
Please contact Jessica Haywood at email@example.com with any questions!
2017 Trip Social Issues and Locations:
Winter Break, January 3rd - 13th, 2017 (International 10 Day):
Focus: Water Access & Sustainability
Location: Santa Julia, Nicaragua
Spring Break, March 25th - April 1st, 2017 (Domestic 7 Day):
Focus: Disaster Relief
Location: San Marcos, Texas
Focus: Hunger & Homelessness
Location: Biloxi, Mississippi
Focus: Environmental Restoration
Location: Davy Crockett National Forest
Spring Break, March 25th - 29th, 2017 (Domestic 5 Day):
Focus: Animal Welfare
Location: Chicago Ridge, Illinois
Summer Break, May 17th - 31st, 2017 (Domestic 14 Day):
Focus: Environmental Restoration & Cultural Awareness
Location: Anchorage Alaska
Welcome to Miner Challenge
Miner Challenge is Missouri S&T's Alternative Break program. Every year, students engage in immersive volunteer experiences across the U.S. and Internationally. Participants bond with a small team throughout the year while they develop leadership skills, gain awareness of social issues, and work to improve communities. The experience culminates with an alternative break service trip that lasts between 5-14 days.
- The two student Miner Challenge Mentors and Program Administrator have chosen 6 great Trip Leaders for our 2016-17 program! Read more about them on our "Meet the Team" page!
- Andrew Embrey
- Elizabeth Oberley
- Michael Janke
- Loya VanOrder
- Mikaela Mockenhaupt
- Sven Olberg
- The Trip Leaders are diligently working on researching the social issues, community partners, and locations for this coming year's trips! Announcements will be made at the start of the fall semester!
Participant Applications for the 2016-17 Miner Challenge Alternative Break Program will open on Monday, September 12th! International applications will close on Monday, September 26th, and Domestic applications will close on Monday, October 10th. Keep an eye out!
If you are interested in finding out more about Miner Challenge please explore our website, or contact one of our Miner Challenge Mentors:
Jonathan Colgan - firstname.lastname@example.org
Nathan Compton - email@example.com
Follow us on Facebook!